Saturday, April 30, 2011

Re: How to get undo functionality after :bnext

Thanks for your response, but I'm going to need a bigger hint than that.
That section of the manual is not very well written. I'm not having much
luck understanding it.

Thanks!


On 4/29/2011 1:51 PM, Tim Chase wrote:
> On 04/29/2011 03:47 PM, Reckoner wrote:
>> When editing multiple buffers, I do :bnext to get to the next buffer.
>> Unfortunately, when I return to that buffer or one of the previously
>> edited buffers, I can no longer "undo" the changes in the
>> corresponding buffer.
>>
>> Is there a way to set it up so that even if I do :bnext that I can
>> still undo changes when I return to the same buffer?
>
> :set hidden
>
> :help 'hidden'
>
> -tim
>
>

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: