Saturday, April 30, 2011

Re: Ignore the folding

On 30/04/11 4:12 PM, JuanPabloAJ wrote:
> I use syntax folding with C++. How do I ignore the folding in my
> while, if and for constructs?

I don't think you can do exactly this easily. C code folding is simply
based on { } blocks, not statements (see :help ft-c-syntax). Making it
do something else would be very hard, too, I think.

If you just want to fold one level, and no more (i.e. functions, but
never anything within functions), you could do

:set foldnestmax=1

Or using 2 might be better, if you work with lots of inline functions
defined in classes' header files.

Alternatively, using marker folding or something like that is an option.

Any of those ideas any good?

Ben.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: