Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Re: How to enable mouse wheel scrolling in non-gui vim.exe?

On 02/11/11 05:23, Toddintr wrote:
> I meant to say "How can I enable mouse scroll WHEEL in non-gui
> vim.exe?" -- sorry.
>
> Todd
>

AFAICT it depends on the terminal; and I have freed myself from Windows
some time ago (months? years? Years I think) so I cannot experiment on a
Windows console.

Here on Linux, every different terminal emulator reacts differently to
mouse actions: some don't pass them to Vim at all, some can move the
cursor and open a "Select" area by dragging but won't react to the mouse
wheel, some will move the cursor up and down when I roll the wheel but
won't react to mouse clicks... Apparently I can't get full mouse
performance in console Vim but only in gvim.

Maybe you can configure your cmd.exe console, maybe by clicking (left or
right, I'm not sure) the top left icon of the terminal window when Vim
is running in it?


Best regards,
Tony.
--
There was a bluestocking in Florence
Wrote anti-sex pamphlets in torrents,
Till a Spanish grandee,
Got her off with his knee,
And she burned all her works with abhorrence.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: