Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Re: how to get append to command option to append as literal, than as new option?

Hi Linda!

On Mi, 23 Nov 2011, Linda W wrote:

>
> When I type in a command with the "+=" operator, it seems to
> appended the new text separated by a comma -- which is probably
> what is normally wanted, but in this one case, wasn't....I wanted
> to append the new text to the existing string -- literally, not as a
> new 'list value'...
> (since for 'guifont', adding a new list value, isn't too useful on
> windows, AFAIK).
>
> I.e. I had
> 'Lucida_Console:H11',
> and I wanted
> 'Lucida_Console:H11:W6'
>
> so I tried
> :set guifont+=:W6
> instead of what I wanted, I got:
> 'Lucida_Console:H11,:W6'
>
> (which doesn't work...)...
>
> so is there a way to tell (or is there a different
> operator I should use) to tell it to append as
> literal vs. as a list item?

let &gfn.=":W6"

regards,
Christian

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: