Friday, March 8, 2013

Re: Cut and paste w/mouse

On Friday, March 8, 2013 11:41:52 AM UTC-5, TommyB wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> I'm a longtime unix/linux commandline vi user, and work mostly at the console.
> Does dinosaur come to mind? Well anyway...
>
> Recently I've started using vim and like the automatic formating and highlighting features.
>
> In vi, I can use the mouse to copy something from another terminal and paste it into the file I'm editing.
>
> I can't figure out a way to do that with vim. I copy something with the left mouse button, press "i" to insert and then press the right mouse button.
> The -- (insert) VISUAL -- mode comes up with a bunch of highlighted lines.
>
> Is there a way to disable the Visual mode? If(not), then vim is just a pretty way to display my code.
> Of course I may have to learn something new! It may be tough, (Old dog ya' know!) but I'm willing to try.
>
> Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Tried the two suggestions above. They don't work for me. The first just pastes random text. The second is OOTQ because I don't use windoze. Thanks anyway.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: