Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Re: vim: conqueterm : truncated lines

On 12/20/2012 12:15 PM, ping wrote:
>
> On 12/20/2012 12:11 PM, ping wrote:
>>
>> On 12/20/2012 12:08 PM, ping wrote:
>>> hi nico and other vim conquetermers:
>> >
>> > I found this a (relatively) "big" issue:
>> > say if you have your capture of output from a command you issued to
>> your remote machine from within conqterm,
>> > the big advantage of using conqueterm is the ability to leverage
>> the existing vim search knowledge you acquired, but I just found that
>> all long lines (longer than 200 chars?) are somewhat truncated, by
>> conqterm.
>> > this makes the line based search and filtering effort painful.
>> > is there any knob to disable/ or even enlarge that line-truncation
>> limitation ?
>> >
>> > thanks!
>> >
>> > regards
>> > ping
>> >
>>
>> oh I just realized I can report issues on the project home page:
>> http://code.google.com/p/conque/
>> so I 'll do it .
>> plus , I tested with secureCRT/linux and I'm sure this is conqueterm
>> issue.
>>
>
> in case someone want to track it, the issue is here:
> http://code.google.com/p/conque/issues/detail?id=91
>
> this issue is really annoying and I'm thinking for now, to move the
> work that I original thought of ideally being done in vim (with
> conqueterm), to outside of vim ,e.g secureCRT for linux...
>
old , unanswered issue...
more observation: if I smaller my terminal, and repeat the previous
command, the output lines will be truncated, regardless of whether I
have "nowrap" or not.
Ok, so per this theory,
if I work from a larger/wider screen, say a 27inch monitor, and maximize
my cygwin terminal. interestingly all my lines won't be truncated, as
long as all my lines are shorter than my screen width.
th is what happens when I use conqterm plugin -- the lines are
hard-truncated agaist the width of current terminal, regardless of
"wrap" option.
well I can't go everywhere with my big monitor ...
so if this can't be fixed by author of conqueterm, can I have any way to
temparily "fool" vim (sorry about that) that, I'm actually working in a
really wide terminal(monitor) here?

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: