Monday, October 28, 2013

Re: How do I make a file not be recognized as a file type?

Paul Isambert wrote:
> ----- Mail original -----
>> De: "Gary Johnson" <garyjohn@spocom.com>
>> [snip]
>> No, that wasn't his suggestion. That's what I thought originally,
>> too, and had the same reaction as yours. I almost wrote a reply,
>> but I was tired, so I put it off. Then I suddenly realized, "Oh,
>> _that's_ what he meant!"
>>
>> Paul's wording was unfortunately ambiguous: "Delete the autocommand
>> defined in filetype.vim:" I'm not even sure I can rephrase it
>> clearly. He did not mean to delete the definition from the file; he
>> meant to delete the autocommand, not from the file, but that which
>> was defined in the file.
> My suggestion was indeed to use ":au!" to remove the autocommand, and I used an ambiguous phrasing indeed that could be interpreted as "Delete the line in filetype.vim".
>
OK, apologies to all.
C Campbell

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: