Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Re: Smart horizontal cursor positioning (like in an addon for Sublime Text)?

On 2013-10-30 07:52, Ben Fritz wrote:
> Or just ignore me and use Tim's suggestion. Apparently there is a
> built-in command if you're already in insert mode. I LEARNED
> SOMETHING NEW TODAY!

heh, I only learned this recently myself in a VimGolf challenge where
@udioica used it to make an impressively low score.

It's not yet in my muscle-memory, but I remembered enough to disinter
it from the vim docs when the OP's request sounded exactly like this
functionality.

-tim




--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: