Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Re: Vim Weekly

Excerpts from tawheed abdul-raheeem's message of Wed Jan 29 02:23:50 +0100 2014:
> > I haven't seen a single spam commit on my wiki yet. And if it happens
> I dont doubt that but that is probably because it has not yet gained a
> lot of traction from the community and also web bots.
Web bots will have no chance guessing ?vim_edit=1 unless a programmer
adopts the code for this special wiki. Unless this happens I don't care.
There is so much I could care about. I already cared about limiting the
amount of SPAM which can be done at vim.sf.net (eg by limiting the
amount of POST requests per second etc)...

Why bitbucket? Because I feel Vim could benefit from people having
a simple way to contribute (to both VIMRUNTIME and vim - even if they
add topic branches only ..) bitbucket allows git and mercurial,
and vim source is stored in mercurial.

Also I like the way how bitbucket organizations can be managed - by
letting people access individual repositories or be admin.

However I've hit one issue: No idea how to upload a special key so that
a server can update a repository without creating a new user.

I hope that these were the replies you've been waiting for, if not reply
again.

Marc Weber

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: