Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Re: Vim Weekly

On Jan 28, 2014, at 10:11 PM, tawheed abdul-raheeem <tawrahim@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 11:04:35 PM UTC-5, Ben Fritz wrote:.
>>
>> Look, it's cool that you want to share your Vim knowledge with the
>> community with a weekly tweet or something. But it's not going to
>> replace the tips in the current form.
>
> Its definitely a start, lets see how far it goes and its potential.

From what I can tell there is a lot of good stuff on the Wikia site. I just really wish that it didn't have to be so tightly tied to the specific hosting site that it's on.

And I should mention participation-wise: I would *like* to contribute to something on GitHub. These days it's becoming increasingly uncommon, in my experience, to find a programmer type who does stuff and does not have a GitHub account. Quite to the contrary, I do not have any account on Wikia. I first *heard* of Wikia when I started coming across some of the tips on the Vim wiki there. I do not voluntarily spend time on that particular hosting site and I do not want to set up yet another account on yet another site when the proportion of use would be so much in favor of something like GitHub, which I use basically every day for all kinds of projects and where it is by the site's very nature easy for me to make or suggest improvements.

While we are on Wikia etc.: Thanks to Ben Fritz, John Beckett, and all the others who help or have helped to maintain or edit or contribute to or set up the Vim wiki there. :)

--
b

Sent from my iPhone

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: