Wednesday, February 18, 2015

about editing what gets inserted vim-plugins-master

If this is too off topic please if you know, send me to the
appropriate group/list/forum.

I want to use one of the perl-plugins... not really particularly
wedded to the one in vim-plugins-master. Its just what I'm currently
trying to figure out.

One big stumbling block, in the case of starting a new script, is how
to edit what gets inserted.

A whole pile of baloney gets plopped into a new perl script and I'm
not finding a way to edit that down to something I want.... I see the
template that does the business but the crude seems to come from
several places.... so not just a matter of editing the template. Or
at least my pea brain was not able to see how it might be done.

Here is the whole thing:

vim some.pl

#!/usr/bin/env perl
#===============================================================================
#
# FILE: some.pl
#
# USAGE: ./some.pl
#
# DESCRIPTION:
#
# OPTIONS: ---
# REQUIREMENTS: ---
# BUGS: ---
# NOTES: ---
# AUTHOR: YOUR NAME (),
# ORGANIZATION:
# VERSION: 1.0
# CREATED: 02/18/2015 04:22:13 PM
# REVISION: ---
#===============================================================================

I don't even like the bang line.

Then out of the 15 lines inserted... I could use maybe 2 of them. And
even then I'd make them different.

Yes, I can make my own script starter stuff and have done so long ago.

But I wan't to use the rest of some bodies' perl-support plugin for
inserting bits of code and etc... so thought to use the starter
insertion setup too.

I guess there are a few plugin mail lists but apparently just about
none of them are to be found on the great gmane server.

Anyway, can anyone here either help directly or steer me somewhere I
can get that kind of help?

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: