Friday, September 25, 2015

Re: Bug: Inconsistent result with searchpair()?



On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 1:22 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@256bit.org> wrote:
Hi David!

On Mi, 23 Sep 2015, David Fishburn wrote:

> Christian, do you think it is worth putting together a reproducible
> that should work with basic Vim?

Sure, If you get a reproducible test, I'll look into it.


So I have narrowed things down, looking for suggestions.

syntax_searchpair_vimrc
***
set nocompatible
set selectmode=
behave xterm
syntax on
filetype indent on

***

I start Vim with:
c:\opensrc\vim\src\gvim.exe -u syntax_searchpair_vimrc -U syntax_searchpair_vimrc --noplugins +"source c:\vim\vimfiles\plugin\sqlutilities.vim" +"source c:\vim\vimfiles\autoload\sqlutilities.vim" +"source C:\Vim\test\sqlutilities\searchpair_function.vim" searchpair.sql

Visually select first 2 lines of file:

'<,'>call SQLUFormatter
 

This is where things get a little complicated.
I had it reproduced with a function (not my plugin) but then it stopped failing and I had to go back to the binary commenting out of code.
If I use the function it works, but when I use my plugin now, it fails.

It is like enough stuff has to get loaded in memory before I get the issue.

So besides my 2 files for my plugin everything else is coming from vim74\runtime.

Is this good enough for you Christian?

Thanks,
David



--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: