Sunday, September 20, 2015

Weird 's' command behavior.

Greetings everyone!
So far I've always managed to google my way out of whatever came up in
vim, but this time I have no idea what's going on and would really
appreciate some help.

A couple of days ago I've started noticing some weird behavior with the
's' command. I'd be using vim for a couple of minutes, maybe even hours,
and suddenly this would start happening. When I hit the 's' key
expecting to replace ONE character and go into insert mode, it would
replace TWO characters instead. Pretty much the same that would happen
if you hit '2s' instead, which I'm certain I did not.
Once this is happening, if I enter '2s' it would replace 3 characters
instead of 2, and '3s' would 4. As far as I'm aware there's no
configuration that can be done for the 's' command that would cause this
behavior... at least I haven't found it, that's why I'm here after all.
The only way to go back is restarting vim.
I haven't changed anything in my .vimrc file, it's been pretty much the
same for months now so that can't really be it.

I can only imagine I'm accidentally hitting some kind of sequence that
causes this... but I can't for the life of me figure out what. Not to
mention that I'm not using the 's' command *all* the time, so if that's
indeed the case I might not even notice until quite a while later.

So here I am asking all of you nice people for help =)
Thanks!

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: