Wednesday, September 16, 2015

List of potential insert mode control character mappings?

Looking at insert.txt I saw this note:

The following mappings are suggested to make typing the completion commands
a bit easier (although they will hide other commands):
:inoremap ^] ^X^]
:inoremap ^F ^X^F
:inoremap ^D ^X^D
:inoremap ^L ^X^L

Which got me thinking

In normal terminal use I use:

c-r
c-l
c-w
c-u
c-z

I never use C-s and c-Q, but they occasionally get used.

and not much else. I don't think C-F has a normal vim mapping (I think the "hide other commands" reference was to c-] ). What mappings are easily available for control characters in terminal vim in for insert mode mappings?

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: