Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Re: List of potential insert mode control character mappings?

I can appreciate your point of view, but I'm not at all comfortable using function keys:

1) They are way to far from home row
2) My muscle memory is inadequate (partly due to the distance)
3) Not all my regular keyboards have truly usable function keys (and layouts are inconsistent).

> Ctrl-F in Normal mode is an alias for PgDn....

Sure. It's mapped in every mode *but* insert (at least that I'm aware of). Further, it's mappings are not particularly consistent, so an additional mapping in insert mode should not be too confusing.

To rephrase my question in a hopefully more useful fashion) what control characters should I avoid for insert mode mappings (the above list, C-L C-W, C-U et al is a start).

I figure there are plenty of folks here who have a deeper knowledge of general terminal behavior then I do

Thanks

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: