Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Re: How do I delete from the end of the line through space (up to) the first word?

On 09/04/2018 05:27 PM, Gary Johnson wrote:
> The best way to move to the first space on a line is to move to the start
> of the line, then find the next space to the right. The best solution
> to your problem that I know of would be this:
>
> ^f D

Interesting idea. It makes perfect sense.

It also solves the problem as I described it.

I would still like to know how to delete backwards {t,T}o a word, not
{f,F} on a character I'd like to keep.

I've got all sorts of things like the following:

aaa bbbb ccccc ddd eeeeeee ffff

Where the cursor is on the last f and I want to delete from the last f
up to but not including the last d. I.e. "Td".

But, "Td" leaves the last f there.

I suppose I could use "Tdx".

I figured that there was a Vim movement that I'm not aware of.

> Any other solution that tries to find the first space by working
> backwards from the end of the line is going to require more typing,
> unless you create a macro for it.

Ya. I'm not as worried about the "first space" as I am going backward
and deleting as I go with something like gE.



--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: