Thursday, September 13, 2018

Re: What are these symbols in my Vim gutter?

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 1:39:09 AM UTC+1, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>
> These ! and + signs in the margin look like "signs". See ":help sign.txt".
>
> To know if they are, use
> :sign list
> (followed by Enter), it will tell you about all the currently defined
> signs and their attributes. Maybe (I'm not sure, I don't use signs
> myself) it will tell you where they were defined if you use ":verbose
> sign list" instead.
>
> See also
> :help 'signcolumn'
>
> Here too, ":verbose set signcolumn?" will tell you where it was set,
> unless it was just left at its default (which is "auto") or unless it
> was last set manually from the command-line.

Thanks Tony, I thnk you are right. I did `:sign list` and it returned a whole heap of stuff. I've just got to work out how to clear the list now!

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: