Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Re: How do I delete from the end of the line through space (up to) the first word?

On 09/04/2018 06:45 PM, Tim Chase wrote:
> But "dTb" does keep the character under the cursor. If you're at the
> end of the line and *do* want to delete the character under the cursor,
> you can use
>
> vTbd

Interesting.

> to use character-wise visual mode or
>
> TbD

I like that. It takes a moment to wrap my head round.

It doesn't work as such with my original example of the annotated
domains. (Because the "b" is not in them.)

That being said, I can modify it a little bit:

F D

Or more specifically, a count version of it:

4F D

I feel like that is within the spirit of what I was originally asking
about. Namely something to arbitrarily delete backwards to words.

> to position first and then delete to the end of the line (slightly
> different behaviors if the cursor isn't at the end of the line).

Yep.

> There are lots of options depending on how much you want to do manually
> vs. automatically, as well as how easy it is to identify the matches
> in question.

I know.

I'm mainly asking about how I can clean up / mung arbitrary data that
I'm working with.



--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: