Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Overriding builtin plugin with packages?

In testing my 2html plugin, I wanted to install it simply in my user directory using the packages feature, like I do with my other plugins.

When I do this, placing a vim-tohtml folder under .vim/pack/mine/start/vim-tohtml, Vim correctly adds the vim-tohtml package directory to the runtimepath, prior to the built-in runtime.

However, the plugin file in vim-tohtml runs *after* the plugin file from the distribution files for some reason, which prevents it from loading.

Is this intentional?

I do have a workaround: I add vim-tohtml to the "opt" tree instead, and place a "packadd vim-tohtml" in my vimrc. But I thought it was weird that is required.

What other workarounds are usable for this? Anything better?

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: