Sunday, December 9, 2018

Re: Abbreviations not saving in vim

On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 9:21:14 AM UTC+2, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> On So, 09 Dez 2018, revrari wrote:
>
> > I have created an abbreviations file with the following in my .gvimrc
> > file:
> >
> > :source ~/autocorrect.vim
> >
> > If I am working in a new document and try to add an abbreviation or
> > remove it, it works only for the session. But once I have quit vim I
> > lose all my changes. To make these changes permanent I have to edit
> > the autocorrect.vim file directly which defeats the purpose. How can I
> > make these changes global and permanent?
>
> Not sure I understand correctly, but abbreviations and mappings when
> entered will always apply to your current session and do not end up
> magically in any rc file.
>
> You might try a Session file, which might record it, not sure.
>
> Best,
> Christian
> --
> Wie man sein Kind nicht nennen sollte:
> Maud Gebühr

Thanks. The corrections should go to the autocorrect.vim file.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: