Monday, December 17, 2018

Re: remap C-\ to a different C- key ?

On Mo, 17 Dez 2018, M Kelly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If the window mgr grabs C-\ then I don't think it will work ?
> I did test but will test again, I propably messed something up.
>
> I think what I'm hoping for is if perhaps we knew something like:
> C-\ calls function foo() ...
> then I can unmap C-\ and map C-x (or S-F12) to call function foo()
> and then I get the same functionality from a different key sequence
> and the window mgr can grab C-\ all it wants.

I am not sure what exact command you want to map, since there are a
couple of C-\ commands within Vim available. But even if your window
manager grabs C-\ you can still map another key to send the C-\ as the
window manager won't receive the key from inside Vim. So

nnoremap <f6> <c-\>

will make the <f6> key an alias to the <c-\>

Best,
Christian
--
Und hier noch eine wichtige Verkehrsdurchsage: Der Idiot, der auf der
Autobahn A9 in falscher Richtung fuhr, klebt jetzt am Kühler eines
Lasters und fährt wieder in richtiger Richtung.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: