Monday, November 30, 2009

How to compile with guifont ?

Hello

I compiled vim on a debian server and installed in in my home folder (~/usr/local),
but the resulting executable can see no fonts when I press Tab on
   :set guifont=<Tab>
and the default font is looking too condensed. The Edit menu has no GUI Font entry.

I use ssh -Y to run gvim on my local desktop (with Ubuntu 9.10).

fc-list shows many, many
fonts installed (also locally in my home folder) on the server, and the desktop machine also
has a GUI desktop with all the fonts.

My :version is
:version
VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Nov 27 2009 14:45:34)
Compiled by adrianc@web3.storm.lan
Normal version with X11-Athena GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
-arabic +autocmd +balloon_eval +browse +builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent +clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info +comments +cryptv +cscope
+cursorshape +dialog_con_gui +diff +digraphs -dnd -ebcdic -emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search -farsi +file_in_path +find_in_path +float +folding -footer +fork() -gettext
-hangul_input +iconv +insert_expand +jumplist -keymap -langmap +libcall +linebreak +lispindent +listcmds +localmap +menu +mksession +modify_fname +mouse +mouseshape -mouse_dec
-mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm -mouse_netterm -mouse_sysmouse +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang -mzscheme -netbeans_intg -osfiletype +path_extra -perl +postscript +printer -profile
 -python +quickfix +reltime -rightleft -ruby +scrollbind -signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl +terminfo
+termresponse +textobjects +title +toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit +visual +visualextra +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows +writebackup +X11
+xfontset +xim +xsmp_interact +xterm_clipboard -xterm_save
   system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
     user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
      user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
  system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
    user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"
    system menu file: "$VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim"
  fall-back for $VIM: "/home/adrianc/usr/local/share/vim"
Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_ATHENA   -I/home/adrianc/usr/include -I/home/adrianc/usr/local/include -I/home/adrianc/usr/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3/include -I
/home/adrianc/include  -I/home/adrianc/usr/local/include -I/home/adrianc/usr/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3/include -I/home/adrianc/usr/local/include/gstreamer-0.10  -I/home/adrianc/usr/local
/include -I/home/adrianc/usr/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3/include -I/home/adrianc/usr/local/include/gstreamer-0.10  -I/home/adrianc/usr/local/include -I/home/adrianc/usr/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3/
include -I/home/adrianc/usr/local/include/gstreamer-0.10   -march=native -mtune=native -mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mcx16 -mfpmath=sse -O3 -march=native -mtune=native -mmmx -msse -m
sse2 -msse3 -mcx16 -mfpmath=sse -O3 -march=native -mtune=native -mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mcx16 -mfpmath=sse -O3
Linking: gcc   -L/home/adrianc/usr/local/lib -L/home/adrianc/usr/lib -L/home/adrianc/lib -L/home/adrianc/usr/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3/lib -L/home/adrianc/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10  -
L/home/adrianc/usr/local/lib -L/home/adrianc/usr/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3/lib -L/home/adrianc/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10  -L/home/adrianc/usr/local/lib -L/home/adrianc/usr/Trolltech/Q
t-4.5.3/lib -L/home/adrianc/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10  -L/home/adrianc/usr/local/lib -L/home/adrianc/usr/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3/lib -L/home/adrianc/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10  -L
/usr/local/lib -o vim -lXaw -lXext -lm -lncurses -liconv
Press ENTER or type command to continue


Do you know what can I do to get fonts with my vim  ?

Thank you,
Adrian Constantin

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: