Saturday, November 28, 2009

trouble with 'map :!gnome-terminal -e=python'

Good people of this list,

I ran into troubles with my desire to execute a python script from
within gvim (Ubuntu) by merely pressing <F5>.

In .vimrc I have the following lines:

" Open a window and run Python code
map <F5> :!gnome-terminal -e=python\ -i\ %<CR>

However, this does not do the trick, instead I get an error message:

:!gnome-terminal -e=python\ -i\ hunter_scatter-regression.py
Failed to parse arguments: Missing argument for -e

shell returned 1

I don't quite understand the syntax of the mapping here, so I am a bit
lost. Could you be so kind and hint at a solution?

Many thanks,

David

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: