Friday, November 27, 2009

Re: Problem about the "browse" command

On 30/10/09 15:50, Ben Fritz wrote:
>
>
>
> On Oct 29, 8:49 pm, winterTTr<winterttr....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is a problem about the "browse" command for my gvim now.
>> However, i can not find the reason for it.
>>
>> I remember that , when i run the command
>> :browse w <filename>
>> to a new buffer, there should be a dialog shown to let me select
>> the file position for saving , but now the dialog does not show any
>> more, it seems
>> like that , i have never input the command . Nothing happens, and
>> the command following the "browse" which is "w<filename>" for this case
>> is not executed neither.
>>
>
> I cannot reproduce, using the Vim 7.2.267 "Cream" build on Windows XP.
> Does the same thing happen for you when running from the command
> prompt with gvim -N -u NONE?

Neither can I on Linux with gvim 7.2.309 for GTK2/Gnome2 GUI.

WinterTTr, you _are_ giving a "real" filename aren't you, without the
less-than and greater-than signs given in your message?

When I do
:browse w
I see a save-as dialog with the directory and current filename filled-in
as defaults, and when I do
:browse w foobar
the default filename is replaced by foobar


Best regards,
Tony.
--
"I couldn't remember when I had been so disappointed. Except perhaps
the time I found out that M&Ms really *do* melt in your hand ..."
-- Peter Oakley

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: