Thursday, January 28, 2010

Issues with using Vim as Pager

Hi,

I am using vim to read man pages. My set up is that I use an ssh
client (putty) over Windows to login to a Linux server. I use

1) export PAGER="/bin/sh -c \"unset PAGER;col -b -x | vim -R -c 'set
ft=man nomod nolist' -c 'map q :q<CR>' -c 'map <SPACE> <C-D>' -c 'map
b <C-U>' -c 'nmap K :Man <C-R>=expand(\\\"<cword>\\\")<CR><CR>' -\""
in my .bashrc

2) let $PAGER=''
in my .vimrc

However, the man pages are not displayed properly. For instance, a man
ls shows distorted characters like:

info coreutils âls invocationâ

Please guide me. I want to be able to use vim as pager and be able to
read all characters on the man page absolutely fine.

Thanks,
Ajay.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: