Friday, January 29, 2010

Re: am i using

Saluton Ben :)

Ben Fritz <f...@gmail.com> skribis:
> On Jan 29, 2:20 am, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado <raul...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> IMHO, Vim is free software.
>
> I *MY* opinion, Vim's license is *more* free than the GPL. The GPL
> requires that any derivatives also use the GPL for their license.

Well, again, I don't have any intention of starting a flamewar here, but
I must say I agree with you. I switched from GPLv2 to Artistic 2.0 for
that and other reasons.

This said, I'm OK with any license as long as it allows you to reuse
knowledge (I'm simplifying, of course, but the key point is that for
me) without much hassle.

And again: Vim is, IMHO, free as in freedom.

--
Raúl "DervishD" Núñez de Arenas Coronado
Linux Registered User 88736 | http://www.dervishd.net
It's my PC and I'll cry if I want to... RAmen!

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: