Sunday, January 31, 2010

Re: Single-column 'set'?

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Gary Johnson wrote:

> On 2010-01-29, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:
> > I just managed to clobber one machine's ~/.vim.local directory
> > (where I keep machine-specific settings). Luckily I have an
> > instance of 'vim' still running with the old settings. Armed with
> > my recent ':redir @a' knowledge (thanks to Brett and wikia), I've
> > managed to save the settings I care about, via:
> >
> > :redir @a
> > :let
> > :set
> > :abbrev
> > :map
> > :redir END
> >
> > But, I was wondering: is there a way to get single-column output for
> > ':set'? The results I got were hard to 'diff'.
>
> You could use :mkvimrc.

Hmm. Cool. I don't really like the way it formats things (e.g.
literal ^V^P and ^V^[ where I'd written <C-P> and <ESC> in mappings)
(for compatibility, as explained by :help :mkvimrc). But, it did manage
to make me notice a couple things I'd missed in the first diffs.

--
Thanks,
Ben

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: