Friday, January 29, 2010

just starting with mingw in windows

Hi!

How can I get my native window Gvim to compile and make programs in MinGW/MSys? I.e. I don't want to edit the code, and then switch to the MSys commandline. I 'd liek to type make and run the program from with the native windows vim environment.

I expect I need to tell vim where to look, assuming it's possible that is.

I looked this up in google, but the interest there seemed to be about compiling vim with mingw, which I couldn't see the point of, as the native binary on vim.org does the business.

But this also meant I couldn't get any decent results for what I wanted.

Advice welcome. Thank you!


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: