Saturday, January 30, 2010

Re: Control-

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:35:08AM -0800, Gary Johnson wrote:
>One solution is to set the value of TERM to one that vim recognizes
>and whose terminfo database accurately reflects the capabilities of
>your terminal. I think the ones vim recognizes are:
>
> xterm
> nxterm
> kterm
> mlterm
> rxvt

I'm using mlterm, but XTERM is set to 'xterm'. When I set it to 'mlterm', I get the same behaviour. It works when I run vim from xterm, though, both when TERM is 'xterm' and 'mlterm'.

>Another solution would be to map the sequences your terminal emits
>to the <C-Left> and <C-Right> key codes, e.g.,
>
> :cmap <Esc>[1;5D <C-Left>
> :cmap <Esc>[1;5C <C-Right>

I tried it but it didn't work - same behaviour :(

>> Also, I suppose there would be no way to make that work with standard
>> readline? :help readline just brings up stuff about the readline.vim syntax
>> file.
>
>Do you mean have Ctrl-Left and Ctrl-Right work at the shell prompt
>or do you mean have vim use readline? If you mean the latter, then
>no. For the former, see

The former. Oh well :)

--

.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: