Sunday, January 31, 2010

Re: Control-

On 2010-01-30, Paul wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:35:08AM -0800, Gary Johnson wrote:
> >One solution is to set the value of TERM to one that vim recognizes
> >and whose terminfo database accurately reflects the capabilities of
> >your terminal. I think the ones vim recognizes are:
> >
> > xterm
> > nxterm
> > kterm
> > mlterm
> > rxvt
>
> I'm using mlterm, but XTERM is set to 'xterm'. When I set it to 'mlterm', I
> get the same behaviour. It works when I run vim from xterm, though, both
> when TERM is 'xterm' and 'mlterm'.

I assume that "XTERM" is a typo and that you meant "TERM".

> >Another solution would be to map the sequences your terminal emits
> >to the <C-Left> and <C-Right> key codes, e.g.,
> >
> > :cmap <Esc>[1;5D <C-Left>
> > :cmap <Esc>[1;5C <C-Right>
>
> I tried it but it didn't work - same behaviour :(

That suggests to me that vim is properly configuring itself to
accept the escape sequences for those keys from both terminal types,
but that your mlterm is emitting different sequences from the ones
that vim expects from an mlterm. Try this. Open a new buffer and
enter insert mode. Then type Ctrl-V followed by Ctrl-Left. Type
Enter, then Ctrl-V followed by Ctrl-Right. What do you see?

Regards,
Gary


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: