Thursday, June 24, 2010

Re: filereadable() while using cygwin shell in gVim

On 13/04/10 22:11, esquifit wrote:
[...]
> Yes, you're right. I first expected being able to pass the same string
> representing a file path to functions like filereadable() and
> system(), but I now understand that both functions are actually
> different creatures.
>
> As for how to compile vim in cygwing, thanks to both you and pansz for
> the suggestion and offered support. I'm also reluctant to install gcc
> and a bunch of other programs and libraries only for this. My computer
> is provided by my employer and I want to keep "non-compliant" software
> to a minimum, with deviations only where this means a clear
> productivity gain. So, it is not only the time factor what prevents me
> from doing it.
>
> Thanks also for the hint about posting at the bottom, I should have
> noticed it by myself.
>
> cheers
> e.
>

You might be interested in the cygpath program. In Cygwin, use

man cygpath

after making sure that the program is installed.


Best regards,
Tony.
--
The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf
has. Even when you make a tax form out on the level, you don't know
when it's through if you are a crook or a martyr.
-- Will Rogers

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: