Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Re: question about lua source navigation

On 2010-06-30, X Heruacles wrote:
> I'm just learning lua and I use vim to navigate some lua projects. I use ctags
> to generate tags using a map:
>
> map <F12> <Esc>:!ctags -R .<CR>
>
> but it rarely helps. When I want to jump to some function definition, it always
> errs. Then I checked the generated tag and it seems fine. So my question is
> just is there a better way to navigate lua project?(esp. jumping to function
> definition?)

I don't know what else might be available for navigating Lua, but
the ctags web page at SourceForge says that it understands Lua, and
you write that the tags appear fine, so I would suggest that you
find out why your Lua tags aren't working as you expect and fix that
problem. If you post a short file containing Lua code and explain
what you do and what happens when you try to jump to a tag in that
code, we might be able to spot the problem and give you a solution.

Regards,
Gary

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: