Saturday, June 26, 2010

Re: wrapmargin won't work although it's set

On 06/26/2010 06:58 PM, urbanite wrote:
> First, I'm fairly new to vi and Linux. My situation is that previously
> I used wrapmargin just fine and now when I set it to wrapmargin=7, vim
> won't create a new line. If I check the setting, it shows it's set but
> it doesn't work. I previously created a .vimrc file and also had
> a  .exrc file in a directory but have removed them both to try to
> eliminate the problem. No luck. The set textwidth command also does
> not work.  Other commands work. The set number command works fine.
>
> Below are the settings for a session in which I set the wrapmargin but
> it won't work.



Do they not work as you're typing at the end of a line that's shorter
than textwidth? BTW your textwidth is shown as 0. What are you setting
it to? If you do :set textwidth=75 , it still stays at 0? You can check
by doing

    :set textwidth

 -ak

No comments: