Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Re: percentage of vim users running python

On Wed, June 30, 2010 6:05 am, sc wrote:
> i'd like to count myself among those who like a lean build
> with no extra languages compiled in and as few plugins running
> as possible
>
> whatever your modules do i would not consider them if they
> require a python enabled vim

Same is true for me. On windows, I don't even have Python installed
and wouldn't bother to install it just for a plugin. (Though, I'd like
to try out command-t[1], but even for that, I wouldn't install Ruby).

And on linux, it depends what build of vim I am using. Not all versions
are build with python/ruby/perl support and I usually can't rely on
having any interpreter available.

[1] http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3025

regards,
Christian

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: