Sunday, April 24, 2011

Re: ErrorMsg highlighting ignored

On 23/04/11 20:59, Alan Warren wrote:
>
>
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Ben Schmidt
> <mail_ben_schmidt@yahoo.com.au <mailto:mail_ben_schmidt@yahoo.com.au>>
> wrote:
>
> The first time I checked the output of the command above for
> ErrorMsg,
> it showed me the very light colors I had been seeing thus far.
> I then
> moved cterm=none before ctermbg and ctermfg. This displayed the
> proper
> colors in the "xxx" area, but now the error window expands, but all
> the text is either not rendering or the same shade of black as my
> terminal background. All I can see is my cursor floating off to the
> right as if it were at the end of a line of text.
>
>
> Which error window is this? Are you sure that Error and ErrorMsg
> highlights are being used in it?
>
> Are you still referring to errors displayed at startup, i.e. while
> loading your .vimrc? It wouldn't surprise me much if colours aren't
> fully/properly set up at that stage. Do you get the right colours if you
> just use :echoerr or type an invalid command or something?
>
> Ben.
>
>
>
>
> Normal error's are highlighted fine. Typing :foo shows "Not an editor
> command: foo"
> with the proper colors.
>
> I'm referring to the error's reported from a syntax error inside my
> vimrc or other plugin / script.
> I thought this was the ErrorMsg group's responsibility?
>
> What I'm doing to reproduce is the following.
>
> - force a typo by changing a "nnoremap" to "nnremap"
> - :source ~/.vimrc
>
> Inside Gvim, the area below my window is expanded and I see this line
> briefly.
>
> E492: Not an editor command nnremap ... etc.
>
> Can I change the colors of these types of errors? I experimented with
> zenburn, and
> they were in fact highlighted, but I will double check.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php


One possibility would be to force an early switch to GUI mode (if
possible) by adding at the top of your vimrc

if has('gui_running') && exists(':gui') == 2
gui
endif

The conditions means the following:
has('gui_running')
we are not remaining in Console mode
exists(':gui') == 2
the :gui command is compiled-in

If gvim for Windows does not know about the :gui command, the above will
do nothing, and in that case AFAIK there's nothing one can do.


Best regards,
Tony.
--
In Blythe, California, a city ordinance declares that a person must own
at least two cows before he can wear cowboy boots in public.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: