Thursday, November 3, 2011

Re: question about interaction b/w textwidth and conceal

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011, hsitz wrote:

> I'm using conceal to hide portions of web links in my documents. I
> use textwidth of 80 to automatically add line breaks.
>
> The problem I have is that the "concealed" parts of weblinks counts as
> part of the 80 characters used by textwidth. So if I have a long link
> that is largely concealed, showing just a few characters on the
> display, the linebreak can be added at a point that is far less than
> column 80.
>
> I don't want the concealed text counted as part of the textwidth
> count. Is there some setting to avoid that behavior, i.e., to have
> only visible characters be used for textwidth?

Not currently, AFAIK.

I don't quite understand the use case, though. It looks like you're
editing wiki markup. So it's probably not going to respect your line
breaks, anyway.

Is it just so it looks the way you want in Vim itself?

--
Best,
Ben

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: