Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Error messages and then crash on startup with Vim Touch


I'm close to having duplicated my MacVim setup with Vim Touch on a Google Nexus 7 Android tablet. The only thing that's different is the specification in the .vimrc of location folders used by my plugins. 

Unfortunately there's something in the .vimrc that causes Vim Touch to crash on start up. Error messages are displayed before the crash, but they go by too fast to read. All I've been able to detect is that one has something to do with spellcheck or the spellcheck folders.  

Anybody have any suggestions how I can find out what those error messages are in this situation, i.e., I can't run ':messages' since Vim crashes and if I disable the .vimrc there are no error messages .

Thanks, 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA 

"What does it mean...that the world is so beautiful?" 

- Mary Oliver 






No comments: