Friday, April 26, 2013

Re: w sftp://

Gergely Buday wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to save my file to a hosting provider.
>
> :w sftp://user@host.name/path/to/file
>
> it says E212
>
> I set
>
> let s:netrw_passwd='passwd'
>
> in .vimrc but in vain. How can I make it work?
>
I have found that I can use sftp on my work computer to itself. The
above command works fine on that machine (it uses Scientific Linux 6.3).

* what happens when you try to do this manually? ie.
sftp user@host.name
cd path/to
put file

* what o/s are you using?

* Please look at :help netrw-debug , get a trace, and send me a
copy. You can find my email at the top of the buffer you get after
:help netrw (near Author:...).

Regards,
C Campbell

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: