Monday, April 29, 2013

Re: Problem with opening files and directories on the command line

Dennis Benzinger wrote:
> Hello Mr. Campbell!
>
> Am 07.05.2010 23:02, schrieb Charles Campbell:
>> Dennis Benzinger wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> If I try to open a directory and some files on the command line by
>>> using
>>>
>>> vim -o dir file1 file2
>>>
>>> I get three split windows with the following buffer names in their
>>> statusline: NetrwTreeListing 1, dir, dir
>>> The topmost windows shows the contents of the current directory in
>>> netrw.
>>> But it only shows the directory dir, not the two files.
>>> The other two windows are empty. When I move the cursor to the empty
>>> windows
>>> (Ctrl-W j) they start to show the same strange netrw listing with the
>>> files
>>> missing. The buffer names in the status line then change to
>>> NetrwTreeListing 2 and NetrwTreeListing 3.
>>>
>>> I'm using Vim 7.2.411 and the netrw windows show v136.
>>>
>>> Can anyone reproduce this or is it a problem with my configuration?
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Please try netrw v138b, available at my website as
>> http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW .
>> [...]
>
> Thanks for the new version. It almost works. Normally I have
>
> let g:netrw_liststyle = 3
>
> in my .vimrc. With this setting three netrw windows are shown. In
> these windows the two files are missing and only the subdirectory is
> shown.
> If I remove this setting or use the styles zero to two it works.
Hello, Dennis:

I'm sorry its been such an inordinate long time, but I in looking at my
old email I saw that the problem you'd mentioned was still outstanding
-- and still present. Part of the problem was that it was weird that
tree listing mode would have the effect it did. Anyway, I'm hoping that
the current netrw (v149c) addresses the issues you'd found.

You can get a copy from my website:
http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW .

Regards,
Chip Campbell

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: