Monday, June 24, 2013

Building Vim on Windows

Hello,

I've been building GVim on Windows (7, these days) since the Vim 6 days and haven't had these problems before. Bram didn't know what was going on and suggested I ask here. Hoping someone can help shed some light on the issue:

I use the BCC (Borland's free compiler) to build Vim; as of 7.3.944 (the last one that built and worked for me), I have been getting a lot of warnings where it eventually aborts after 100 warnings. The warnings have to do with function prototypes not being defined (these warnings are legitimate and go away after I define the prototypes myself) and something in the if_py_both.h file, with which I'm not familiar (obviously, it's for both Python versions).

Anyway, after I've removed the 100-warning limit (by adding a -g0 to the makefile), the build proceeds. However, the resulting GVim doesn't read anything from my autoload directory AND immediately erases every file I try to edit by removing everything in it and saving it (this might be a plugin, but there are so many errors that I can't work it out).

Has anybody else tried to build a huge GVim (with Python) on Windows? I'd appreciate if you would share your environment/build process with me, please.

Thank you,

Salman

--
سلمان حلیم

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments: