Monday, June 24, 2013

Re: Building Vim on Windows

Ben,

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@gmail.com> wrote:
On Monday, June 24, 2013 10:15:30 AM UTC-5, Salman Halim wrote:
>
> Has anybody else tried to build a huge GVim (with Python) on Windows? I'd appreciate if you would share your environment/build process with me, please.
>

I don't have any input on the warnings and such, but I can answer this.

I build on Windows (vista and previously XP) using MinGW, and build the huge version with python.

I do not recall what the last version I've built however. I will try that tonight with the latest version.

Here is the .bat script I use to build:

https://code.google.com/r/fritzophrenic-vim-clone/source/browse/build.bat?name=2html-dev

Thank you for this; I was wondering: does building with MinGW change GVim into a GNU-ish application? Can I still use paths like "c:\test\some\file.txt"? While I use the forward slash almost exclusively, it is nice to occasionally be able to take a file path someone else gave me and just :e or :sp it.

It might be time to get MinGW (already have Cygwin and very pleased with it).

Thank you,

Salman

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments: