Saturday, June 22, 2013

Re: announce: vim-addon-errorformats

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 6:34 AM, Marc Weber <marco-oweber@gmx.de> wrote:
> Now both rake and make run other tools (gcc, ocaml, whatever you want) -
> thus parsing error formats is hard.

This is a fabulous idea, I will check it out.

I have been really struggling do node development, because when I do
:make to run my unit tests, the error formats can be a node backtrace,
a mocha report, or a jshint warning. Technically, I guess I can set
the error formats up as seperate compilers, and run each stage
differently, except that doesn't work when using tools that wrap
around several others... increasingly common, and very helpful!

I think having the :compiler builtins somehow expose their
errorformats for use, or if vim had a ":compiler+ mocha node jshint"
command, that worked for all compilers, that would be really useful.

Sam

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: