Friday, August 30, 2013

Re: q key


Yeah, that was meant for the list.

Ah, should've guess based on the :verbose map <key> that I needed to :unmap <key>.

I think you're right about not wanting to overwrite defaults. Though you can also use soy from cli by running soywiki (which I would never do since I like one gvim session using tabs) so, I'm not sure if there's a usecase there. I'm tempted to say that you're still right in a stand alone situation as I use the hell out of macros (because I'm too lazy to think of a regex).

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 8:11 PM, Tim Chase <vim@tim.thechases.com> wrote:
[you replied only to me rather than to the list; I'm copying the list]

On 2013-08-30 19:50, shawn wilson wrote:
> Ok, soywiki set it to :close<CR> ... question one answered (that's
> annoying) - and the second part - how to unset it?

It may depend on how it was loaded.  If it was part of a plugin, it
might be a bit trickier (I'm not sure how plugin loading interacts
with vimrc settings).  Push come to shove, you can manually issue

  :unmap q

to clear the mapping.  Alternatively, you can nuke the problematic
line from the plugin:

  https://github.com/danchoi/soywiki/blob/master/lib/soywiki.vim#L403

Personally, I'd consider the absence of this mapping a great
improvement (overwriting vim's macro functionality is just a kick in
the teeth!) and have no regrets nuking that line.

-tim



--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: