Saturday, August 24, 2013

Re: show definition of vim function

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM, AndyHancock <AndyMHancock@gmail.com> wrote:
My vimrc defines functions that I can invoke using :call.  Is there a way to display the function definitions without browsing to vimrc?  What I've found on the web mostly relates to tags, which I've used in the distance past to bookkeep my C++ functions.  I'm hoping that I don't have to resort to that for vim functions.

You can type :function <TheName>. If you use :verb function <TheName>, it'll tell you the file in which it was defined, also (in case you have other functions not defined in your vimrc).

Salman

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: