Saturday, August 24, 2013

Re: Certain commands undock & shift window

On 20/08/2013 02:10 a.m., AndyHancock wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Dan Wierenga wrote:
>>> On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 6:18 PM, AndyHancock wrote:
>>> I Windows 7, when I have the gvim windows docked against the right
>>> or left half of the screen, the following commands always seem
>>> undock the window and shifts the position:
>>>
>>> * tab split or tabclose
>>> * set guioptions+=b when it doesn't have b
>>> * set guioptions-=b when it does
>>>
>>> I use those commands alot, so I'm constantly having to readjust the
>>> window. Would anyone have an idea of what might cause this, and or
>>> how to go about troubleshooting?
>>>
>>> I can confirm the behavior on my setup too. I'd guess that Windows
>>> sees the height of the gvim window change and thus undocks it for
>>> you, just like it does if you change the height of the window with
>>> the mouse. I don't think there's a way to stop Windows from
>>> "helping" in that manner, unless you can somehow convince gvim to
>>> not change the window height. A few quick experiments didn't reveal
>>> anything useful to me however. I personally just re-dock the gvim
>>> window again. Holding down the Windows key and hitting the
>>> right-arrow key is a very quick way of re-docking it to the right
>>> side again ( or left-arrow to the left side), much faster than
>>> reaching for the mouse.
>
> Wow, I didn't even realize that the window size changed.
>
> The trick for docking a window from the keyboard is neat.
> Unfortunately (well, just for me, that is), I will still have use the
> mouse since I actually adjust the window after docking to be skinnier
> than half the width of the screen. I have a widescreen so that I can
> work with many windows at once, and having one app take up an entire
> half of the display defeats the purpose of the widescreen (especially
> when I don't need the app to take up that amount of width).
>
> Ah well. Welcome to Windows. Thanks anyway.
>

Go to
Start > All Programs > Accessories > Ease of Access > ...
Ease of Access Center > Make the mouse easier to use

Check "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to
the edge of the screen"


--
Cesar

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: