Saturday, August 31, 2013

Re: Slowness in Doxygen syntax

Dominique Pellé wrote:

> Alessandro Antonello <antonello.ale@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I found some glitches in the new MacVim version and I was wondering if
>> someone else already saw something like this. I talked about MacVim because
>> I
>> couldn't test the Windows version yet.
>>
>> I usually work with ObjC files and I set 'syntax' in the modeline, like
>> this:
>>
>> // vim:syntax=objc.doxygen
>>
>> I use Doxygen for project documentation for years and it is part of my life
>> now. The odd glitch is that, the documented comment slows down Vim
>> substantially. Not in every places. Only when the cursor is in a comment
>> block
>> and if that comment block has a Doxygen command like @c (code), @b (bold),
>> @i
>> (italic) or @ref (cross reference). Commands like @param or @return doesn't
>> has the same behavior. The slowness also happens when using \c, \b, \i,
>> \ref.
>> That is, the '@' character is not the culprit.
>>
>> The slower [G]Vim happens only when the cursor is in the commented block.
>> Soon
>> the cursor gets out of it, the movement responses are back to normal.
>>
>> I try to disable some plugins, like UltiSnips and clang_complete, because I
>> installed them about a week ago. But that doesn't solve the problem. So, as
>> a
>> work around, I came up with:
>>
>> :set syntax=objc
>> :set regexpengine=1
>> :set syntax=objc.doxygen
>>
>> The problem disappeared.
>>
>> I took a look at the Doxygen syntax from the new MacVim version and it
>> didn't
>> change a bit. So, I think this has something to do with the new regular
>> expression engine.
>>
>> Someone saw this problem yet?
>>
>> Regards.
>
> Which version of Vim are you using?
>
> Vim-7.4.* introduced the :syntime command which is
> useful for finding what regexp are the bottlenecks. See
> :help :syntime
>
> Dominique

If you can send an example of doxygen file that shows
the slow behavior that would help others to reproduce the
issue.

Dominique

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: