Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Avoiding gvim message box from echomsg in vimrc

Hello,

My vimrc sometimes does echomsg on startup. With console vim I get a "Press ENTER" prompt, which is OK. With GUI vim I get a modal message box instead. I want to get rid of that message box but still preserve the messages (in the :messages prompt). I particularly dislike the fact that if echomsg later I don't get a message box, this seems very inconsistent.

I tried to set guioptions+=c. With vim-gnome I no longer get a message box, but I get a double "Press ENTER" prompt with no visible messages. With windows vim this seems to have no effect. Is this a bug?

Using :silent or plain :echo would work, but I want to keep the messages.

I think the best solution would be to have a scriptable way to clear the "Press ENTER" prompt and any random point, but I found no way to do this.

--
Regards,
Leonard

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: