Tuesday, October 8, 2013

How to reverse an imap in javascript, for json files?

I map " to ' (because my fingers always do ", but our coding standards are ').

" in after/ftplugin/javascript.vim
imap <buffer> " '

However, " is required in json, and the javascript plugin seems to be
applying itself to json files.

I tried to use vim-json, which I quite like for its highlighting and
syntax checking... but, I don't want to C-v " every time I need a
double quote.

" error... in after/ftplugin/json.vim
iunmap <buffer> "


I've tried a few variations, including autocommands. I'm a bit baffled.

Can anybody suggest how I get an imap for only *.javascript, not
*.json? Preferably while still using vim-json?

Thanks,
Sam

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: