Tuesday, October 8, 2013

netrw Explore */pattern E28 on Windows

Sorry for posting a new topic, I did search and found what might have been related
topics, but I am not familiar enough with the Vim system to piece it together

I am not able to get :Explore to find files with star or starstar on Windows 8
:Explore */pattern
or
:Explore **/pattern

It does populate the status bar with a report, but it fails to actually
open a new buffer with the list of found files. It works great on Linux, so I understand what to expect.

This is the result that I get:

[No Name] (status bar) Match 1 of 6
Error detected while processing function netrw#Explore:
line 435
E28: No such highlight group name: netrwMarkFile
<s-up>==Pexplore <s-down==Nexplore
Press ENTER or type command to continue

I am using:
netrw v149
vim 7.4.27

This occurs with both console and gui vim.

I have tried clean installs a couple of times, I have a "clean" install, the
only additional plugin that I added is clang-complete.

I do have a not so great workaround
:r! dir <patter> /s /b
then I can do a gf to open the file

It's not a deal breaker for me, VIM is great but I hope there is a fix coming (Charles?) or a reasonable workaround.

Appreciate it,
Steve

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: