Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Re: Access recent searches when in command mode

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 03:48:34AM -0700, DwigtArmyOfChampions wrote:
> I do a lot of pattern-matching searches using the / search command.
> Then when I've settled on the correct regular expression that grabs
> just the right group of characters I want, I go :s/ to start a
> substitution command. Now I'm in the middle of the substitution
> command and I have to re-enter my complex regular expression that's in
> my search history from before. Is there an easy way to yank it so Ii
> don't to re-type it?

Indeed, you can, just use the "magical" <C-r> key!

like:

:s,<C-r>/,,

Will substitute your last search regex!

Have a look at the following SO answer:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4655484/convert-vim-search-to-search-and-replace-without-retyping-regular-expression

where it gives a few other options, like using the `q:` for the
command history and `q/` for the search history, that i did not know
about.

Cheers,

--
Guyzmo

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: